Mecklenburg Times staff reports//November 22, 2011//
Mecklenburg Times staff reports//November 22, 2011//
The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Planning Commission‘s planning committee postponed a vote last week on the Midtown, Morehead and Cherry Area Plan.
The committee made the decision Tuesday to allow planning staff members to meet with the residents of the 455-acre area again.
The plan provides a framework for growth and development in the area bounded by South Tryon Street and the John Belk Freeway to the north, East Fourth Street and Queens Road to the east, Henley Place to the south and
Dilworth to the west.
Kent Main, a planner with the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Planning Department, told the committee that some revisions to the plan were made following a community meeting this month. But planning staff members have not had a chance to share the changes with residents.
“We worked out most of the issues, but they have not seen what we wrote up based on that meeting,” Main said.
The committee has decided to continue the public comment period until its next meeting, Dec. 20, when voting on the plan is expected.