Luxury homes, a property niche that was hit hard by the recession, is back in popularity with buyers. Following the recent recession, interest in large and expensive homes dropped dramatically […]
The annualized rate of new single-family homes sold in November – 464,000 – dipped slightly from October, according to data from the U.S. Commerce Department. New home sales for the […]
WASHINGTON — The number of Americans applying for mortgages has fallen 63 percent since a May peak, reflecting a cooling housing market and higher borrowing rates. The Mortgage Bankers Association […]
The demand for apartment units continues to grow while rents remain flat in most markets. Apartment vacancies fell by 1 percent in the third quarter to 4.2 percent, according to […]
Many homeowners who currently have an FHA or VA mortgage don't realize what a good marketing tool they have. These loans can be quickly and easily assumed by a new buyer.
Home sellers are becoming increasingly worried about rising interest rates and their impact on home-buying demand, according to a new Redfin survey of nearly 1,500 home owners across the country. […]
Homebuyers of fixer-upper properties face two challenges: worrying about how to get a loan from tight-fisted lenders and fretting about how to pay for the rehab, according to a report from Real Trends.
When I started writing this real estate column in June 1971, the average mortgage rate was 7.53 percent, according to Freddie Mac. The median home price was $26,100. Today, the trend is definitely upward, with occasional short-term dips to remind us of the market's volatility.
- Opportunity Zone housing markets continue to keep up with broader price gains across nation in third quarter
- Office Evolution’s flexible workspaces address demand from Charlotte professionals
- U.S. foreclosure activity remains steady in October 2023
- Construction sector adds 23,000 jobs in October as unemployment rate falls to 4.0 percent
- Alliance Residential opens Broadstone Optimist Park in Charlotte
- Construction employment rises in 43 states & D.C.
- LISC Launches Second Charlotte Affordable Housing Fund
- U.S. Home-seller profits continue rising as home values hit new highs in third quarter
- CBRE arranges sale of 107,545-SF Three Water Ridge in Charlotte
- Home equity trends mixed across U.S. In third quarter despite continued price increases
- Construction employment rises by 11,000 jobs in September
- Third & Urban Completes Construction on Pass 41, Announces New Tenants
- Seyfarth bolsters Charlotte office with Katie Schwarting
- SCORE Charlotte intake team honored in matching potential new client needs with one of the chapters 72 volunteers
- Bidding Wars – 6 Tips to Help a Homebuyer Win the Bid
- ABC Carolinas Construction Conference Features New SC Chamber CEO, Bob Morgan as Keynote
- How to Buy Your First Home
- Buying and Selling in the time of COVID-19
- PERSONNEL FILE: Peters joins Showcase Realty
- PERSONNEL FILE: Mellor joins Henderson Properties of Charlotte
- REZONING ROUNDUP: Greenway Residential Development seeks rezoning of 12.3 acres
- PERSONNEL FILE: Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices recieves award
- PERSONNEL FILE: McCarty has joined LS3P
- PERSONNEL FILE: Graham joins Paragon Bank