MATTHEWS – As Christmas approaches, attention naturally turns to evergreens, be they natural or fake. This year in Matthews, some of that attention has been diverted to one particular proposed […]
The dollars and sense of density: Huntersville petitioners make the financial case for conservation subdivisions
HUNTERSVILLE – Single-family residential density vs. the price of land and its development. That’s the crux of one of the hottest residential real estate development debates in many of the […]
Apex is tops! That’s the conclusion from Movoto Real Estate. The town just southwest of Raleigh earned the distinction as the best city in North Carolina based on its cost […]
MATTHEWS – The town has four positions open on its Planning Board and is now accepting applications from those interested, according to an announcement from the town. New members of […]
MECKLENBURG COUNTY – Matthews and Cornelius have made it to the top of a list of best American suburbs, according to Movoto’s Real Estate research, ranking Nos. 7 and 8 […]
Fairway Independent Mortgage of the Carolinas is opening its third area office in Matthews and has plans for a fourth in Mooresville, according to an announcement.
CHARLOTTE — Miami-based homebuilding giant Lennar Corp. said it plans to build more than 400 single-family homes in four Greater Charlotte communities, one of which will be a new subdivision. […]
Why is northern Mecklenburg County experiencing an apartment-building boom but not the southerly towns in the county? And why, for that matter, is the northernmost town of Davidson being left out?
This southeast Mecklenburg County town is learning to be more independent of Independence Boulevard, one of four thoroughfares that help define it and present its biggest challenges and opportunities.
MATTHEWS – The Polo Club at Weddington is growing by 16 condominiums, according to information from Mecklenburg County records. Four permits were issued to Ohio-based Epcon Communities to build four-unit […]
The widening of Independence Boulevard has extinguished some Charlotte businesses, thanks to the impact the construction has had on traffic. Plans call for Independence to be widened in Matthews, too, raising concerns about whether the days are numbered for businesses, such as those in Windsor Square.
Roughly 15 percent of Windsor Square shopping center in Matthews is vacant, with more than 100,000 of 658,012 leasable square feet unoccupied, according to Windsor Square's website. Come October, though, nearly all of that empty space will become home to a new tenant, JC Penney, which will lease about 85,000 square feet.
- Opportunity Zone housing markets continue to keep up with broader price gains across nation in third quarter
- Office Evolution’s flexible workspaces address demand from Charlotte professionals
- U.S. foreclosure activity remains steady in October 2023
- Construction sector adds 23,000 jobs in October as unemployment rate falls to 4.0 percent
- Alliance Residential opens Broadstone Optimist Park in Charlotte
- Construction employment rises in 43 states & D.C.
- LISC Launches Second Charlotte Affordable Housing Fund
- U.S. Home-seller profits continue rising as home values hit new highs in third quarter
- CBRE arranges sale of 107,545-SF Three Water Ridge in Charlotte
- Home equity trends mixed across U.S. In third quarter despite continued price increases
- Construction employment rises by 11,000 jobs in September
- Third & Urban Completes Construction on Pass 41, Announces New Tenants
- Seyfarth bolsters Charlotte office with Katie Schwarting
- SCORE Charlotte intake team honored in matching potential new client needs with one of the chapters 72 volunteers
- Bidding Wars – 6 Tips to Help a Homebuyer Win the Bid
- ABC Carolinas Construction Conference Features New SC Chamber CEO, Bob Morgan as Keynote
- How to Buy Your First Home
- Buying and Selling in the time of COVID-19
- PERSONNEL FILE: Peters joins Showcase Realty
- PERSONNEL FILE: Mellor joins Henderson Properties of Charlotte
- REZONING ROUNDUP: Greenway Residential Development seeks rezoning of 12.3 acres
- PERSONNEL FILE: Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices recieves award
- PERSONNEL FILE: McCarty has joined LS3P
- PERSONNEL FILE: Graham joins Paragon Bank