The four candidates to replace District 7 Charlotte City Councilman Warren Cooksey are a financial planner, an economist with impressive academic bona fides, a sales consultant in workplace safety, and an outspoken Tea Party organizer. Here's what they have to say about development in the development rich district, which includes Ballantyne and other areas of southernmost Charlotte.
Three of them have extensive experience in development and construction, and the fourth is, as you will read, a lawyer who sounds as if she knows what she’s talking about, real-estate-wise. They are the candidates for the District 6 Charlotte City Council seat held by Andy Dulin, a Realtor for Cottingham Chalk Hayes who is walking away from the Charlotte Mecklenburg Government Center dais after[...]
"All of these rules and regulations are well-intentioned, but it’s just gone too far -- despite my 'no' votes," Dulin said. "It’s added too much more costs to the costs of development, especially the tree ordinance and the post-development design guidelines."
Since 2001, Charlotte-based Regent Homes has been building homes in Catawba River Plantation. The community is near the U.S. National Whitewater Center, a city of Charlotte-funded project that opened in 2006. Designed for thrill-seekers and outdoor-lovers, the center features rafting and zip lines, among other attractions.
Last week, in a 4-0 vote, the council’s public safety committee gave its support to the proposal, which calls for rental property owners to give the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department their contact information, including business and home addresses and phone numbers.
Charlotte City Councilman Andy Dulin loves to be on the cutting edge in the Queen City. To demonstrate his connection with the people and the trends in the area he took a tour of the Occupy Charlotte protest site set up in Uptown just before the New Year.
Charlotte’s real estate community often cites three ordinances accused of making developing sites cumbersome and costly: the Urban Street Design Guidelines, the Post Construction Controls ordinance and the tree ordinance. […]
Editor’s note: Some City Council candidates did not respond to requests to be interviewed. Claire Fallon, at-large (D) I think they should look at relevancy and enhancement to Charlotte. If people […]
Charlotte-based Spangler Construction used to be in the commercial construction business. These days it’s known as a real estate investment company. And in the upcoming Charlotte City Council and mayoral […]
In the past year since Charlotte’s rental ordinance took effect, 643 properties have surpassed the city’s threshold for crime. That means, in theory, that Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department officials should have […]
Proposed changes to the city’s post-construction control ordinance are pitting developers against environmentalists. The proposal would eliminate duplicative “tree save” requirements that also appear in the city’s recently approved tree […]
Drive-thru windows have become a part of the shopping landscape in Charlotte, as they have throughout the rest of the country. A growing population — according to the latest census […]
- Three ways the pandemic impacted the housing market long term
- Survey: Construction execs mark legacy scheduling tools and hiring as top concerns amid record industry growth
- Construction employment rises in 40 states
- Opportunity Zone housing markets continue to keep up with broader price gains across nation in third quarter
- Office Evolution’s flexible workspaces address demand from Charlotte professionals
- U.S. foreclosure activity remains steady in October 2023
- Construction sector adds 23,000 jobs in October as unemployment rate falls to 4.0 percent
- Alliance Residential opens Broadstone Optimist Park in Charlotte
- Construction employment rises in 43 states & D.C.
- LISC Launches Second Charlotte Affordable Housing Fund
- U.S. Home-seller profits continue rising as home values hit new highs in third quarter
- CBRE arranges sale of 107,545-SF Three Water Ridge in Charlotte
- CREW Charlotte honors Diana Palecek with Diversity Equity and Inclusion Award
- Seyfarth bolsters Charlotte office with Katie Schwarting
- SCORE Charlotte intake team honored in matching potential new client needs with one of the chapters 72 volunteers
- Bidding Wars – 6 Tips to Help a Homebuyer Win the Bid
- ABC Carolinas Construction Conference Features New SC Chamber CEO, Bob Morgan as Keynote
- How to Buy Your First Home
- Buying and Selling in the time of COVID-19
- PERSONNEL FILE: Peters joins Showcase Realty
- PERSONNEL FILE: Mellor joins Henderson Properties of Charlotte
- REZONING ROUNDUP: Greenway Residential Development seeks rezoning of 12.3 acres
- PERSONNEL FILE: Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices recieves award
- PERSONNEL FILE: McCarty has joined LS3P