WEDDINGTON – The Town Council will hold public hearings at 7 p.m. Dec. 8 on several proposed changes to development ordinances and on two subdivision plats.
Withrow Land Ventures LLC of Coral Springs, Fla., plans to build 185 single-family homes on 235 acres off Antioch Church Road. The preliminary plat the Falls at Weddington was approved by the Planning Board in October. The subdivision did not need to be rezoned, but needs approval for a conditional zoning and a preliminary plat.
Pulte Homes plans to build 48 homes on 60 acres off Lochaven Road. The Weddington Preserve subdivision, formerly known as The Haven, would be a conservation community.
In addition, public hearings will be held on:
- Revising the duration of performance bonds.
- Revising the duration of maintenance bonds.
- Updating street design requirements to match the standards of the town and the N.C. Department of Transportation.
- Review and consideration of Weddington roadway standards.
- Review and consideration of construction plan guidelines.
- Updating the list of permitted conditional uses in residential zoning districts.
- Implementing a “Statement of Readiness” on any development requiring conditional zoning.
- Review and consideration of a proposed text amendment ensuring that only one septic drain field and repair area can be located on each lot.
A copy of the proposed amendments and preliminary plats are on file in the Town Clerk’s Office for inspection by all interested citizens.