Eight Charlotte area Realtors or teams have been included in the Real Leigh Brown and Associates also was named this week to two of The Wall Street Journal/REAL Trends Top 1000 lists for sales.
At No. 7 for Top 250 Sales Professionals by Sides, Jason Benham ranked the highest. He is co-owner of Benham Real Estate Group in Concord, and closed 566 transactions in 2013.
“This honor is especially gratifying after the year of ups and down that we’ve had,” Benham said in a statement, referring to the controversy surrounding the cancellation of a new reality show featuring Jason and his brother David that was cancelled in the midst of production after publicity over their religious beliefs.
The brothers founded the Benham Real Estate Group in 2003. Since then, the company has grown to include nearly 100 affiliate offices across the nation. The real estate company specializes in bank-owned properties representing lenders and federal government agencies and contracts with banks to bring foreclosed homes to marketable standard for resale.
That list also included:
- No. 11: Nancy Braun Showcase Realty with 430 transactions;
- No. 24: Ashley Richardson of Allen Tate Co. with 319 transactions;
- No. 160: Jody Jessup of Re/Max SouthPark with 169 transactions;
- No. 230: Don Anthony Gomez of Don Anthony Realty, with 145 transactions.
Three teams were named to the Top 250 Teams by Sides list, including:
- No. 145: Lars Hedenborg of Re/Max Real Estate Experts with 312 transactions;
- No. 172: Live Love Charlotte of Keller Williams Realty with 289.35 transactions;
- No. 177 Leigh Brown & Associates of Re/Max Executive Realty with 287 transactions.
No area Realtors were listed in the Top 250 for either Top Sales Professionals by Volume or Top Teams by Volume.
The Wall Street Journal/REAL Trends lists are based on surveys of brokerage firms, Realtors associations and hundreds of other sources to determine the top real estate professionals in the United States. REAL Trends points out, however, that not all brokerages submit applications, preferring not to share the information. The lists feature four separate categories, ranking the Top 250 agents by sales volume, Top 250 agents by transaction sides, Top 250 teams by sales volume, and Top 250 teams by transaction sides.